An Alvin Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Helps Injury Victims Recover Damages
Catastrophic injury victims and their loved ones find themselves in challenging situations. A catastrophic injury is an injury that is a severe injury, commonly to the spine, spinal cord, or brain, that is severe enough that you suffer long-term effects from it. Regardless of the nature of your accident or injury, if your injury changes your life long-term for the worse, it is catastrophic for you. You and your loved ones will have their hands full just trying to create a life of comfort, peace, and purpose. However, you don’t have time to deal with the myriad of medical expenses, lost income, and other related expenses necessary to make the progress you need to make. That’s where an Alvin catastrophic injury attorney at DeKeyzer Law comes in. We’ll handle your insurance and legal claims so that you can focus on your recovery.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries in Texas
These types of injuries may occur in any number of situations but are commonly caused by motor vehicle accidents. Some of the most common catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs). Severe brain injuries are one of the most damaging injuries you can experience and are often the result of motor vehicle crashes, slips and falls, and physical assaults.
- Spinal Injuries. Spinal injuries can affect your movement capabilities for life.
- Burn Injuries. Burns injuries are often the result of chemical or pipeline explosions and defective products.
- Bone Fractures. These include fractures of the skull, ribs, elbows, clavicles, sternums, and virtually any type of bone.
- Paralysis. Paralysis is a condition in which you are unable to move all or part of your body because of illness or injury.
- Limb Amputations
- Leg amputations
- Internal Organ Damage
- Loss of Hearing or Sight
- Eye Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Nerve Damage
Often, catastrophic injuries require multiple surgeries, commonly spaced out for proper healing, leaving you with the feeling that the hospital is your new home. To make these injuries even more complex is that many serious injuries are not symptomatic for days, weeks, or even months.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a good example, which may not appear or be accurately diagnosable for months, yet is still considered a serious injury. This is one of the reasons why you need an Alvin catastrophic injury lawyer at DeKeyzer Law to oversee your insurance and legal claims. We’ll make sure you are compensated for all of your injuries: past, present, and future.
Other very serious illnesses often result from a motor vehicle crash, such as:
- PTSD, as discussed above
- Memory loss
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts (if you or someone you know is feeling suicidal, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-825)
Establishing the Extent of Your Injuries in Texas
Calculating the value of your various injuries can be difficult, with no bright-line figure for guidance. An Alvin catastrophic injury attorney at DeKeyzer Law is talented and experienced at calculating damages to their full extent. When lawyers assess your possible injuries with their associated damages, they will consider at least the following:
- Medical costs
- Physical pain
- Mental illnesses and anguish
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical limitations
Establishing Fault for Your Injuries in Alvin
Given that most catastrophic injuries result from motor vehicle crashes caused by somebody’s negligent driving. As the victim of a motor vehicle crash, it may seem clear to you that the fault for the accident lies with another party to the accident. Unfortunately, however, the driver who was actually at fault may deny or even lie about the circumstances to avoid liability.
Texas is a fault state when it comes to motor vehicle crashes. That is to say; the accident victim must file an insurance claim with the opposing party’s insurance company rather than their own. Therefore, the victim of a motor vehicle crash must prove that the opposing party is responsible for causing the crash. The insurance company will try to dispute or minimize every element of your claim, even the obvious ones. If the opposing party or an insurance company refuses to agree to a favorable settlement, we will take them to court.
The elements of fault in Texas motor vehicle crashes are:
- The opposing party had a duty of care
- The opposing party breached this duty of care
- The breach caused the accident
- The accident caused the victim to suffer bodily injury and/or property damage
Texas is a comparative negligence state. This means that the victim must prove that the opposing party was at least 51% at fault for the accident to recover expenses and damages. An Alvin catastrophic injury lawyer at DeKeyzer Law is skilled and experienced at establishing liability, or fault, for your injuries.
Let An Alvin Catastrophic Injury Attorney Help You Recover From Catastrophic Injuries
At DeKeyzer Law, we are experienced with calculating all types of losses that may appear at any time. We understand that many of these injuries arise from motor vehicle crashes.
An Alvin catastrophic injury lawyer at DeKeyzer Law will help you focus on recovery by:
- Conducting a unique and thorough independent investigation
- Gathering all available evidence
- Establishing a supportable fact pattern
- Developing various legal strategies
- Presenting you with options
- Helping you decide the best option for you
- Handling all of your legal paperwork
- Representing you to the insurance company and any potential legal adversaries
- Negotiating with insurance companies and other involved parties
- And fighting on your behalf for the best possible outcome, including trial if necessary
Contact An Alvin Catastrophic Injury Attorney Today
An Alvin catastrophic injury lawyer will provide unique and innovative solutions to life-changing catastrophic injuries. NO FESS unless you win—if you don’t recover damages, you don’t pay a penny. We offer free consultations and same-day communications. Contact us today to speak to one of our experienced attorneys if you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Harris County, Brazoria County, Galveston County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, Liberty County, or anywhere in Texas.