A Brazoria County Personal Injury Lawyer Advocating For Accident Victims
Unfortunately, when accidents happen, they can result in significant, life-altering injuries. If you’ve been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be faced with significant medical bills and lost wages, as well as other concerns that affect your personal life. Let a Brazoria County personal injury attorney analyze your case during your free consultation if you have been injured. If your injury was someone else’s fault, you deserve financial compensation for your losses.
What Are Common Causes of Personal Injuries in Texas?
Any number of circumstances can cause personal injuries. Some of the most common of these include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Railroad crashes
- Big Rig or 18-wheeler crashes
- Oil platform workplace accident and injuries
- Construction workplace accidents
- Sexual assaults and rape injury cases
- Product defects
- Dog attack and bite injuries
- Motorcycle accident and injury
Personal injury claims can also be brought for non-bodily harm, such as:
- False arrest or imprisonment
- Malicious prosecution
- Invasion of privacy
- Violations of constitutional rights
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
How Can A Brazoria County Personal Injury Attorney Help?
A Brazoria County personal injury lawyer has the skill and experience to help you with a variety of legal claims, including:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Unfortunately, motor vehicle accidents are common in Texas and can lead to life-altering injuries or even death. Motor vehicle accidents come in all types and sizes, and only an attorney with the breadth of experience and skill, like a Brazoria County personal injury attorney, can help you recover from any type of motor vehicle accident, such as:
- Rear-end collisions. Rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident because drivers insist on driving too close.
- Head-on collisions. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) defines a head-on collision as “a collision where the front end of one vehicle collides with the front end of another vehicle while the two vehicles are traveling in opposite directions.” Head-on collisions are particularly damaging because the total force of two vehicles stopping at once is combined.
- “T-Bone” collisions. Also known as broadside collisions, these collisions are likely the second most dangerous type of motor vehicle collision and occur when one car smashes into your passenger or driver’s doors from the side, usually after running a red light.
- Multi-car collisions. By definition, a multi-car collision involves more than one motor vehicle and can often be found in congested freeway chain collisions.
Every day, accidents happen, and unfortunately, some of them are fatal. Families of accident victims confront several challenges, including grieving the loss of a loved one and worrying about lost income and funeral costs. Texas law is complex, but an experienced Brazoria County personal injury lawyer will evaluate the facts and help identify if you have a wrongful death claim.
Financial compensation may be the last thing on your mind after the loss of a loved one. Nonetheless, at some point, you’ll need this compensation just to re-establish some type of normal, post-traumatic lifestyle. In Texas, Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code §§ 71.001 to 71.012 lays out the damages that may be available.
The deceased person’s losses are awarded to the deceased person’s surviving spouse, children, and parents for their losses stemming from the death. Damages in a Texas wrongful death case may compensate for a range of losses, including:
- Lost earning capacity
- Lost care, maintenance, services, support, advice, and counsel the deceased would have provided their surviving family members
- Mental pain and anguish experienced by the surviving family
- Lost love, companionship, comfort, and society, and
- Lost inheritance, including what the deceased would likely have saved and left to surviving family members if they had survived.
In addition, punitive damages may be available in a Texas wrongful death case, but only if the death resulted from a “willful act or omission or gross negligence.” The purpose of punitive damages is not to compensate the family for losses associated with the death but to punish the wrongdoer and deter other parties from engaging in similar conduct.
The Constitution is the very foundation of the United States, and constitutional law deals with some of the most important rights in our society. Generally speaking, constitutional law cases revolve around protecting ourselves from unlawful restraints on our constitutional rights. Only an experienced and confident attorney can address constitutional law issues with the vigor and passion they deserve.
Serious and Catastrophic Injury
We have the compassion, understanding, and aggressive litigation approach that is required to recover all of the financial compensation you’re entitled to if you have experienced a serious or catastrophic injury following an accident. Only attorneys who understand the nature of injuries, such as a Brazoria County personal injury lawyer, can identify and compensate you for even the injuries that have delayed symptoms or long-term consequences. You deserve compensation for all of your injuries, not just the obvious ones.
In this day and age, employment discrimination should never be tolerated, not for ethical reasons alone, but also for common-sense reasons. But unfortunately, many employers still engage in various types of employment discrimination, even when they’re not aware of it. In the circumstances like these, employees should seek experienced legal assistance to ensure that their rights are being protected and that discrimination is not allowed under any circumstances.
Let a Brazoria County Personal Injury Attorney Help You With All of Your Legal Needs
No matter what your legal needs may be, a Brazoria County personal injury lawyer will gather the necessary evidence, establish the facts based on that evidence, develop your legal strategies, present you with options, and help you decide which option or options are best for your unique circumstances. Contact us today for your free consultation.